Christmas is a wonderful time of the year, however it can also be a stressful time too, especially for children.
There is the serious issue of overwhelm, anxiety and more negative emotions:
- Which presents do you want? Endless decisions
- What part do you get in the school performance?
- Can Santa see me all the time?
- Remembering words to the songs?
- Standing in front of hundreds of people to “perform”
- Elves and Santa-Cams and threats of bad behaviour resulting in less presents
- Does Santa love me? As much as my friend?
- Picking up on stressed parents?
- Overhearing conversations saying negative things about other family members?
- Writing and receiving (or not) Christmas cards
- What are we doing in class today?
- Where’s my school routine gone completely
- How does Santa get into the house?
- Why does he come in my room with the stocking?
- Sugar and food overload
- Expectations of behaviour and interactions with others
- and more….
As a parent there are things you do to support your child or children in this festive time.
Touch is a wonderful gift – we all know about baby massage and the wonderful oxytocin hormone which is releases for both baby and parent doing the massage – the happy hormone flowing between both. Supporting and nurturing and creating a wonderful bond.
You can do massage at any age and story massage is a wonderful way to do this – especially with Christmas songs and carols. Children love this and they can share the idea with you too! An absolute win win!
Why am I telling you this? Well firstly its something you can do by yourself, but if you want more support I have an interactive playbook and video series all around the topic of Christmas Calm – all for £15.99
- Reduce the stress hormones that are whooshing around your child’s body
- Create a nurturing, calming space for you and your child to be present in
- Ability to connect to your child in a positive & fun way
- Oxytocin the happy hormones flows through both child & parent and overrides the negative stress hormones that were present before
- Freedom to use simple tools you can use at any time – from walking to/from school, cuddle time, bedtime and more
- Enhance that special parent-child bond at a time of anxiousness and worries
- Create a positive sleep environment
- Support your child as they go through the day at school with a lack of routine
- Help your child to know they are loved unconditionally, regardless of behaviour
- Create positive memories over the festive period
What do you get?
- An interactive playbook full of tools for your Christmas calm.
- Story Massage 20 page Ebook and 6 part video series
- Top 10 tips for Christmas Calm
- Positive visualisations to do with your child (Christmas angel visualisation and snow visualisation)
- 20 Mindfulness activities to do with your child
- 5 days from the “Balance and Calm Toolkit for Christmas Calm” (including Christmas Eve with bonus calming ideas!)
All for just £15.99 – which you can use every year!
Buy your Christmas Calm pack which includes story massage videos and interactive playbook for £15.99 here – you can sign up here and I will email you the interactive playbook